Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Water...


At Blackwater Pond the tossed waters have settled
after a night of rain.
I dip my cupped hands. I drink
a long time. It tastes
like stone, leaves, fire. It falls cold
into my body, waking the bones. I hear them
deep inside me, whispering
oh what is that beautiful thing
that just happened?

Mary Oliver

I have been longing to share my most recent dance from a couple of weeks ago, and yet, my life has been pulled in many directions lately...

I thought I would share a few dances from last year until I can do the editing on the recent film. Water was a very regular dance partner for me while I was practicing and I loved feeling so connected to it's various manifestations:

from cleansing waves,

to still ponds and quiet oceans,
to rain and flowing rivers...
... all were such incredible opportunities to be present and be moved by that which was present, moment to moment... as Momo spoke of - the call and response - feeling the call of the water and responding in-body, and embodied by that call... soul connection to other, moved to move...

I feel grateful to be a part of this blogging collaboration - to share our dances, to have the dance muse open to the flow of spontaneity and improvisation... from dancing soul to dancing soul... flowing like water...

Thank you all...

2 comments:

  1. so sweet to revisit these dances that i loved the first time around-especially the one with the wood flotsam on the stone under the magnolia bridge. we look forward to all your postings lee as you always find and make such soulful poetry with word, motion and image. it is a pleasure and joy to co11aborate with you again this year. sometimes it is amazing to think that these daily dances from YearOfButoh were not planned ahead since they make such "sense" sometimes. amazing to think that we found the time and ability to dance, film, edit and post every day given the "many directions" that you mention life pulling us now. there are so many reasons that this collaborative blog is a joy, one of them being simply that no one of us needs to DO it ALL and then we can still ALL enjoy it everyday! love & gratitude for your sacred part in this lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to watch you dance. . . is a gift.

    thank you lee for your deep contributions and the sweet inspiration

    ReplyDelete