Tuesday, June 7, 2011

spruce connection

This past weekend I went to an area in the mountains I have been visiting at least once a year for the last five years.

I really love this spot, it is one of the best places in the North Cascades that I know of accessible early in the hiking season. And lots of plants and animals to connect with.

While I was here I chose a particular tree to connect with as a significant other, this lovely spruce on the edge of a vast space.

Just before starting my dance, a mountain bluebird came by and performed a dance of his own, hovering hummingbird-like just off of the ground. It felt like a welcoming gesture to me.

1 comment:

  1. love how your dances connect me to all the beauty you spend time in art! love the place you are between earth and snow, sun and cold, single spruce rising from it all.. you rising above it all in this beauty place... bare feet connecting to the earth... body connecting to the earth... reaching for the heavens... tree...

    ReplyDelete